Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh how my heart burns... From this stupid HEARTBURN!

Heartburn during pregnancy in my opinion is the MOST annoying thing about being pregnant. It drives me crazy. I think in my entire lifetime I may have taken Tums a handful of times. While I'm pregnant, I am taking them by the handfuls.Thankfully I don't mind the taste of them. However, I have heard that some women can't stand them and are even sickened by them. To the best of my knowledge Tums are the only OC medications that you can take while you are pregnant, but you should always ask your doctor if Tums just aren't cutting it or you can't stand them.
Remember to be proactive in preventing heartburn also. If chili cheese fries gave you heartburn before you were prego more then likely it is probably gonna be even worse now that you a baby pushing your stomach up into your lungs... Now I will admit that I LOVE spicy foods, so it is no surprise for my poor husband to find me crying in the kitchen over some sliced pepper-jack cheese. It is a daily struggle... Thankfully the Tums work great for me. Foods that are highly acidic can also cause you problems. Things like lemons, oranges, and sorbets are just a few. Greasy foods, high fat foods, and just about everything on the late night fast food menu will also start to give you heartburn once your little one starts getting bigger in your belly. The good news is it will stop the day your baby is born. So hope is not lost!
The best advice I can give for this nuisance is keep your Tums handy!
Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment